[CF-Devel] Re: Class/race split

dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Mon Oct 9 01:46:39 CDT 2000

okay I agree with every red and pete have said (sorry this isn't a reply..
my email program sucks.. I don't wanna have to go deleting everything =(

Agree with red about Q's. As a long term player of one.. even at high
levels Q's sometimes get poisoned.. making vun poison would be NASTY.
Thinking maybe dragons should get tough skin SKILL? a skill that allows a
Q player to basically do the armour spell, but doesn't require sp. just
time and level? (a thought)

agree about more spell paths.. perhaps giving fireborns abit of less power
on ice? and maybe turning up the other things? (Casting ice storm with a
fireborn is tricky buisness =))

Like northman etc.. agree with removing viking.. I don't think that was
ever really a profession, more a race? (I am no expert on Norse history)

Did you get my idea about monk having a special skill of "fast hands".
Similar to an armour skill for dragons? it temp increases weapon (hand)
speed? perhaps they can get this at a high level as a bonus for being a
monk?

Staff to snake = true =)

speaking of changing palette.. perhaps changing the colour scheme of the
mage to be something other than yellow? I find the yellow is a really bad
colour on its own? perhaps a nive purple? or purple/grey combo? and maybe
having the wizard white? (i love those summoners they look COOL! =)

and another caste? how about sorcerer? a more hardcore wizard? with
attuned magic? vun physical? and some nasty stats in the con area =)
Perhaps the sorcerer should be red? mmm just some thoughts.. and I know
how much of a hard choice it is to add things... this might reck the
balance.. I understand =)

dnh