[CF-Devel] Re: cause_wounds and attacktype

dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Fri Oct 13 05:36:46 CDT 2000

      Message: 1

      Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 18:51:06 -0100 (GMT+1)

      From: Erik Gjertsen <

      erik at subnett.no

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

      Subject: [CF-Devel] cause_wounds and attacktype

      Hi,

hello

      Found what to me appears to be a bug in Crossfire. When a God gives the

      attacktype "poison" to its followers, attacks done with any of the "cause

      wounds" spells get that attacktype.

that is intentional.

      Now, if so happens that the monster you're attacking dies from poisoning

      in stead of damage inflicted by the spell itself, no XP is credited to

      your Wisdom pool - which kindof breaks a few things.

that I don't believe is... I am pretty sure you are meant to get the
points for killing something with poison.

      I have not tested if the same holds true for other poison attacks

      (i.e. phys attacks with weapon w/poison attack type, poison cloud mage

      spell etc.) - I will if I get the time.

      Before I/someone else puts this one on Bugzilla, I'd like some input as to

      wether this is a bug or a "feature".

well the poison in cause wounds is intentional.. but I think the points
should still be given if the creatures dies from poison inflicted by the
god.

dnh (AKA ...)