[CF-Devel] Re: cause_wounds and attacktype

Erik Gjertsen erik at subnett.no
Fri Oct 13 09:26:20 CDT 2000

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000

     dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au

      wrote:

      > Now, if so happens that the monster you're attacking dies from poisoning

      > in stead of damage inflicted by the spell itself, no XP is credited to

      > your Wisdom pool - which kindof breaks a few things.

      that I don't believe is... I am pretty sure you are meant to get the

      points for killing something with poison.

Yes, well you gain XP I think, but not Wis XP.

      > I have not tested if the same holds true for other poison attacks

      > (i.e. phys attacks with weapon w/poison attack type, poison cloud mage

      > spell etc.) - I will if I get the time.

After testing poison cloud, I found that the same bug applies here. You
will not gain magic XP for killing monsters with the "poison cloud" spell.

      well the poison in cause wounds is intentional.. but I think the points

      should still be given if the creatures dies from poison inflicted by the

      god.

Yep, that's what I thought as well. Now, can anyone with a weapon with
"poison" attack type verify wether or not the same applies to that? Will
you get phys. XP when killing a monster?

--- PGP

     http://erik.subnett.no/pgp.txt

                                 ---
--- Why PGP?