[CF-Devel] new feature: pvp dueling arena

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruznet.com
Sun Oct 29 21:13:40 CST 2000

 Seems like a nice idea.

 An interesting idea/addition to this would be to also have a flag in the server
that limits player -> player combat to only be in the arenas.  Although how to
handle spells in such cases (since players should be damaged by friendly
fireballs even if two are cooperating but not in a party).

 I would also guess that in the arena, the victor should not get any exp
either.  This is really to prevent player cheating - otherwise, a higher level
player and low level player enter an arena, and the high level player lets the
low level guy kill him (doesn't defend/attack back, etc), with the low level guy
then getting a bunch fo exp.

 IF there is no risk of harm, there probably shouldn't be any reward for it.

Andreas Vogl wrote:

      Hi everybody,

      I have created a PvP dueling arena for crossfire. Numerous CF-players

      and developers (of course including myself) have desired this feature.

      Concept is very simple: In scorn (later maybe in other cities as well) there

      is an arena where players can fight each other for fun. If a player dies

      within that arena he won´t get any penalties for death (No exp/stat-loss).

      Moreover, exp-draining doesn´t work inside the arena nor will acid harm

      a player´s equipment. In short words: There is nothing to be afraid of.

 <snip>