[CF-Devel] new feature: pvp dueling arena

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Mon Oct 30 13:41:50 CST 2000

On Mo 30.10.00, Mark Wedel wrote:

      Seems like a nice idea.

Oh, thank you =))

      An interesting idea/addition to this would be to also have a flag in

      the server that limits player -> player combat to only be in the

      arenas.  Although how to handle spells in such cases (since players

      should be damaged by friendly fireballs even if two are cooperating but

      not in a party).

Yes, that is definitly a good idea. However, I could think of different
ways to realize this:

a) adding a new "peaceful" state that means 'off, but in arenas on'.
   (A player could then toggle between three peaceful states.)
b) Leaving everything as it is but just ignoring the peaceful state
   when standing on battleground. (Players would always hurt each other
   with melee in the arena, no matter what.)

Spells aren´t affected by peaceful mode and I think we should just leave
that as it is.

      I would also guess that in the arena, the victor should not get any exp

      either.  This is really to prevent player cheating - otherwise, a higher

      level player and low level player enter an arena, and the high level

      player lets the low level guy kill him (doesn't defend/attack back, etc),

      with the low level guy then getting a bunch fo exp.

      IF there is no risk of harm, there probably shouldn't be any reward for

     it.

Hehe... of *course* I didn´t forget about this important point! =P
A player doesn´t get experience for killing anything on "battleground",
no matter if it´s a player, monster or NPC.
Btw, that reminds me - I have also set a maximum amount of 5.000.000 exp
for killing another player (outside arenas). Before, it was possible to
get insane values by killing a 110-char.

Andreas V.