[CF-Devel] RE: Suggested fun project for someone....

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Mon Sep 11 09:05:00 CDT 2000

I basically agree to what Peter M. said. Maybe "jack of all
trades"-characters are a good way to go, considered that most
people play CF alone.

The only disadvantage I see resulting from this concept is that
once you hit lvl 110 you´ve done everything you can do, seen
everything you can see and most likely you´re invincible too.
But there will always be some pros and cons either way you go...
And if one played crossfire long enough to reach 110, perhaps
one should do sth else anyways (go outside? meet some friends?) ;)

Actually, I just wanted to reply to that question about
weapon improvement:

on Sun, 10 Sep 2000 21:08:39 Peter M. wrote:

      > Stats modifications... well, they all end up at 30 thanks to

      > weapon enchantment and artifacts.

      Actually, I don't know how to do that anymore.  It used to be possible

      with the weapon improvements:  is it still possible?  I thought the

      current weapon-improve system made it very tough/impossible.

To improve your weapon, what you need is: A few improvement scrolls,
a few diamonds and many many stats potions. The potions are the only
tough part of it. But since there are many places to find potions,
that lenghtens the process but it´s still far from being impossible.

Example - the weapon of my main character on voldsbooks:

red_blaze´s Calamity +20
(Str+2)(Dex+2)(Con+6)(Wis+10)(Cha-2)(Int+8)(Pow+5)
	(dam+40)(improved 26/44)(Attacks: physical, electricity, cold, drain
	poison, paralyze, depletion, death)   weight: 0.015 kg

However, I don´t really want to complain about it. It´s kinda fun to
collect the potions and scrolls, looking forward to the "perfect weapon".
It could be tougher, but I would miss it if it was completetly removed
or sth. And you need some very high level to wield such a weapon anyways.

Andreas V.

--
Sent through GMX FreeMail -

     http://www.gmx.net