[CF-Devel] Immunities.

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Sep 12 15:48:39 CDT 2000

So it looks like some powerful immunities have crept into the game
again.  Andreas Vogl has pointed these out:

Permanent, granted by item:
1)  Immunity to cold:  object in pupland.  (winter mithril chain)
2)  Immunity to fire and cold:  object in pupland. (white dragon scale)
3)  Immunity to Acid (oilskin cloak, Trident of Sea Mastery, Cloak of Underworld)
4)  Immunity to paralysis/slow/confusion (various)
5)  Immunity to physical (armor enchanted to 99)
6)  Immunity to magic (cloak of Magic Resistance in pupland)

Temporary:
a)  Immunity to electricity (Sorig prayer)
b)  Immunity to cold (potion)
c)  Immunity to fire (potion)
d)  Immunity to electricity (potion)
e)  Immunity to physical (potion)

I believe that some of these immunities should not be allowed, since they
are too powerful.

I think these artifacts should be toned down:
1)  2) 5) Possibly 6)  The immunities granted protect too broadly.

These I think are tolerable:
3) 4)  Acid, paralysis, slow, confusion:  Not as bad.  Acid is more a
threat to items than to players.

Temporary immunities are tolerable, mostly:  I don't know if a) should
be allowed.

I propose to change 1) 2) 5) and 6) into artifacts which are very powerful
but which do NOT grant immunities, such as the things in my FireTemple
finale map.

What d'yall say?  (I'll do the changes if I get a consensus.)

PeterM