[CF-Devel] Immunities and partial protections.

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Sep 13 19:45:33 CDT 2000

      Everything can be found somewhere else in pupland, same applies

      for wdsm: If you solve the eureca-quest and defeat gothwolte in

Ah.  Thanks for the explanation.

      ancient pupland, you´ll get a 1:24 chance to receive the true wdsm.

      For example: If you do the quest 20 times, you got an overall chance

      of 56% to get a wdsm during that process (hope the math is correct).

I calculated 57.3%.  I'd say you were "correct enough".

      Armour enchanting increases both ac and armour value. The amount

      of armour added depends on the player´s level. A total armour of

      99 is easy to get and common for high level characters - yet.

*sigh*.

      Sure, that´d requires some work. To find the balance between

      too easy and too hard... A few maps might need some adjustments as

      well. E.g. I can only guess what the Chaoslair would be like without

      perfect fire immunity.

Well, I think ALL the maps would need adjustment, or else objects which had
the "protected" bit set should add 25% (in a rule similar to armor,
so 4 "protected" doesn't mean "immune" but only something like 75%).

      Btw, what should happen to the immunity potions then? Temporarily

      raising the protection to some high level I guess?

I forget what was done.  Maybe leaving them as they are....

I don't like to use potions very much....

PeterM