[CF-Devel] Immunities.

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Wed Sep 13 08:47:57 CDT 2000

on Wed, 13 Sep 2000 "the seer" wrote:

      Have any of you looked into rings?  There are rings with perm. imm.

      to everything, and even a special ring of the elements that is perm

      imm. to cold, fire, light, acid, and I think even magic.  Rings of

      imm fire/cold  turn up all the time, and are really cheap once you

      get above level 12. All you have to do if you don't have the cash is

      cast summon pet monster with a spell level above 8, and you get

      demons, or skulls, or vampires, etc... all of which have rings with

      immunities or stat improvements.  The first time I tried it, I got a

      ring of elements, imm. to all.

Urks?! Correct me if I´m wrong, but I got the feeling that you might
have mixed up protection and immunity. The only rings with immunities
are ring of free action (imm. confusion, paralyze) and some random
rings with imm. slow/fear - as far as I know.

"ring (pro: fire)" for example is a ring with fire protection.
That means fire damage is reduced by 50% if you wield it. This is
quite powerful indeed, but not really a problem.
Wear that ring of the elements (lots of protections), and enter the
dragon hangar on dragon island. You might be surprised how much
damage 50% can still be :-)

Real immunity is what you get if you drink a potion of fire resistance
for example. That means you won´t be hurt by fire at all.
And the point is that artifacts exist, granting such immunities for
permanent - thus turning the wielder in some sort of semi-god.

Andreas V.

--
Sent through GMX FreeMail -

     http://www.gmx.net