[CF List] Unsibscribing due to current low S/N ratio (fwd)

Rick Tanner leaf at real-time.com
Wed Sep 27 11:52:24 CDT 2000

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Frank McKenney wrote:

[snip]

      Assuming the "stuttering list server" bug is eventually fixed, I would

      like to offer a few other suggestions...

The Crossfire list is really good at finding bugs with Mailman.  The
ongoing problem is an email address with a nonexistant domain is somehow
able to subscribe to the list, or the domain name ceases to exist while
still subscribed to the list.  So, when a message is sent, Mailman tries
to send to that address and then resets.  Hence the looping.

Right now the list is disabled, but the archives are still up and
running.  Once this problem is resolved, I will re-activate the list and
send out a status update to everyone.

       1) Reduce the "bugs" postings to once a week or once every two

          weeks instead of every day.

Done.

       2) Set up a separate mailing list (or use some other machanism)

          for the code patches/updates.

I will see about a separate list or maybe using the Announce list for
this.