[CF-Devel] bracers

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.yi.org
Sun Apr 1 16:54:54 CDT 2001

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 04:39:31PM -0400, Preston Crow wrote:

      I've noticed that my bracers do nothing to my AC.  I looked at the

      code in fix_player() in common/living.c, and I found that bracers are

      not treated like other types of armour.  I don't recall seeing this

      documented anywhere.  How exactly are bracers supposed to affect your

      AC?  As it is now, even my acid corroded -5 bracers don't change my AC

      on bit.

     [snip]

I think somebody mentioned a long time ago that bracers don't affect AC if
you're also wearing something else (shield perhaps? I forget). This is a
feature of AD&D rules (or so I heard).

So yeah, -5 bracers aren't that bad, esp if they carry other bonuses. I
used to have bracers with magic+1, and it didn't affect me at all when
they got corroded to -3.

All men are mortal. Socrates is mortal. Therefore all men are Socrates.