[CF-Devel] bracers

Peter Mardahl peterm at alfven.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Sun Apr 1 16:55:08 CDT 2001

In D&D--and in crossfire-- bracers are treated specially.

They set a "worst-case" AC instead of adding to AC like everything else.

So if you have bracers +3, your "worst" AC with them on would be 6
(with no dex bonus).  If you are naked except for bracers,
you'll have an ac of 6.

If you put a robe on (ac +1), you'd normally have an ac of 9.
However, with the bracers, you get 6.

Now, if you put on +3 dragonmail (total AC increase of 9)
you'll have an ac of 1:  the bracers will have ceased to
matter.

The meaning of -5 bracers is that
your "worst" AC would be 15.

Perhaps this is senseless, but that is how it is done.

PeterM

      I've noticed that my bracers do nothing to my AC.  I looked at the

      code in fix_player() in common/living.c, and I found that bracers are

      not treated like other types of armour.  I don't recall seeing this

      documented anywhere.  How exactly are bracers supposed to affect your

      AC?  As it is now, even my acid corroded -5 bracers don't change my AC

      on bit.

      --PC

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com