[CF-Devel] food bug?

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Fri Apr 6 00:03:06 CDT 2001

Preston Crow wrote:

      I've noticed that when I eat food that has some specail protection

      characteristics, it seems to have no effect on my character (other than

      filling his stomach).  Are the protections added without telling the

      client, or are they ignored?  Either way, it doesn't seem right.

 Its trickier than that.

 If your resistance changes, the client will get updated.

 However, the resistance the food gives may not be done as obviously as one may
thing - basically, the a food has resistance, it casts the appropriate
resistance spell.  So if you already have the spell up, it doesn't really do
anything.

 Likewise, the resistance value of the food has no effect of the resistance
value you get when you eat it.  In all cases, the resistance spell of the same
power gets cast.

 What should really happen is a special force just for food effects gets added
to the players inventory, with its resistance value based on the reistance value
of the food, and the duration based on the food value - so eating that ogre
finger won't get you a very long duration, but that ogre corpse would.

  Anyone want to do this change?