[CF-Devel] Suggestion for human race-- faster advancement

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Fri Apr 6 05:19:47 CDT 2001

dnh wrote:

      > Since the human race has no other advantages, someone

      > proposed (on a crossfire server) allowing them quicker

      > advancement.

      > How about it?

      Humans advantage is that its stats are completely balanced. This is an

      advantage in itself, as a human can therefore be a jack of all trade

      (although perhaps a master of none). I don't know that the amount of work

      required would be worth the benefit to the game, I would say fixing

      Fireborn and Monk to the be the current most important issues.

      At high level any 'standard' race is prety much the same, the only

      difference being what rings and items you wear.

Yes, that is a good point. Most race benefits get obsolete at
a certain level. So we should do the same to humans in order to keep it
balanced.
What if we make humans gain experience (slightly) faster, but the effect
decreases by level? Say, at overall level 30 the effect is almost gone.

Andreas V.