[CF-Devel] New food eating

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Sat Apr 7 15:44:44 CDT 2001

dnh wrote:

      I have modified apply.c so that you can now eat food no matter how hungry

      you are. This is because I got fed up with waybread etc being to hard to

      use, you have to wait till it finally reaches 499 before you can eat.

      If you apply any food even at 998 food units you will eat it, although it

      would be a waste of food.

      I recently discovered a smallish bug with it, by eating food you build

      back some hp, now you can use food as healing potions by eating a whole

      heap quickly. I am not sure how this should be fixed, and I don't think I

      could do it even if I did. Some suggestions?

      dnh

Hey, you should ask before making such fundamental changes!
Now food is healing potions for free, that is not at all okay IMHO.
And how do you want to "fix" this? The "fix" is not allowing players
to eat more than the stomache can hold.
I was perfectly happy with how it used to work.

Andreas V.