[CF-Devel] Grump

dnh dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Sat Apr 7 20:22:36 CDT 2001

I would like to point out, that many game changes are being made (see
peterms recent change to food weight). I consider that a fairly major
change, and yet no one even raises an eye brow. Now that I make a small
change that has an EASILY fixed bug every cracks the shits.

I personally consider it a bug that you CAN'T eat food even when you are
hungry simply because you aren't hungry enough. If you are a troll, with
two rings of war, your food goes down so fast you don't get a chance to
wait around for it to get below 500, you wanna be able to down it when
ever you can. I asked peterm about this change, and showed him what I
wanted to do. Then I tested it on my own server, it works fine. So I say
"<Darth_bob> okay, im commiting it now" and that gets the ok.

It was not a major change, I removed one return; and edited two messages.
Balance wise, only the hp gained is a bug and I sent a message saying I
knew of its existance (I realised after I had commited) but did not know
how to do it. Then I get all sorts of RUDE messages like "how could he do
that?" and "You should have asked me first". I believe I am given the
right to make small changes and this is a small change, that has a bug
that needs to be fixed. I checked with peterm, who i believe has the right
to okay something going in, and thus I preceded.

In future if you have a problem with a change, DO NOT be rude it is not a
good way to solve a problem. DO NOT repeat something I already know, don't
rush in guns ablaze, I knew the problem no point shouting at me to fix
something I don't know how to fix. Now I am grumpy and defn not in the
mood to make any fixes today, so what have we achieved? Remove my change,
I don't really care, I thought it would make the game more fun and
sensible, if you want to eat you can eat any time that makes sense to me.
I didn't think it would make that much of a change to game play, and most
players wouldn't even know of its existance yet.

Yours grumpily,
		dnh

ps. I often have problems with changes, but I don't ever run about
telling people to fix this or else. I mention to the person what my
problem with it is, and usually it is either explained to me, or fixed. I
ask for mutual respect.