[CF-Devel] case sensitive maps names

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Sun Apr 8 14:34:18 CDT 2001

 I would think this should only be a problem in cases where two different maps
match to the same name because of case insensitivity (ie, a tower.1 and Tower.1
in the same dir).

 Looking at the pup land maps, it appears that the lower case versions are
already used.  the B vs b maps appear to only differ in their exit names (so
that b1 links to b2, as B1 links to B2).

 I can not find any reference to an exit using the Tower maps, so it looks like
these have already been fixed as you suggested.  Of course, the real is why the
capitalized versions are still around when they don't seem to be needed anymore.

Michael Toennies wrote:

      I noticed, that in the maps are case sensitive maps.

      Of course, when you entpack them on non case sensitive OS,

      we run in some problems.

      I found

      pup_land/ancient/mountain/Tower.1

      pup_land/ancient/mountain/Tower.2

      pup_land/ancient/mountain/Tower.3

      pup_land/ancient/mountain/Tower.4

      pup_land/ancient/mountain/Tower.B1

      pup_land/lone_town/cave/B1

      pup_land/lone_town/cave/B2

      pup_land/lone_town/cave/B3

      just false checkins?

      When not, please change this to a lower case name.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com