[CF-Devel] case sensitive maps names

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Sun Apr 8 18:29:31 CDT 2001

Mark W. wrote:

      > I noticed, that in the maps are case sensitive maps.

      > Of course, when you entpack them on non case sensitive OS,

      > we run in some problems.

      > I found

      > pup_land/ancient/mountain/Tower.1

      > pup_land/ancient/mountain/Tower.2

      > pup_land/ancient/mountain/Tower.3

      > pup_land/ancient/mountain/Tower.4

      > pup_land/ancient/mountain/Tower.B1

      > pup_land/lone_town/cave/B1

      > pup_land/lone_town/cave/B2

      > pup_land/lone_town/cave/B3

      > just false checkins?

      > When not, please change this to a lower case name.

Only the lower case maps are used. I dunno why, but it looks like
I forgot to remove the upper-case versions from cvs some time ago.
Did that now.

      I would think this should only be a problem in cases where two

      different maps match to the same name because of case insensitivity

      (ie, a tower.1 and Tower.1 in the same dir).

      Looking at the pup land maps, it appears that the lower case versions

      are already used.  the B vs b maps appear to only differ in their exit

      names (so that b1 links to b2, as B1 links to B2).

      I can not find any reference to an exit using the Tower maps, so it

      looks like these have already been fixed as you suggested.  Of course,

      the real is why the capitalized versions are still around when they don't

      seem to be needed anymore.

We should make map (and directory) names interpreted non-case-sensitive.
That way we automatically prevent conflicts.

Andreas V.