[CF-Devel] post V1.0

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Thu Apr 12 01:45:19 CDT 2001

 A few of my thoughts on this:

 The maps should probably be set to reset very quickly - since lots of new
players will be coming through, youu want the maps to be available.
Potentially, the maps could reset immediately, with warning messages to that
effect.

 My personal thought is that there should be a few maps - maybe enough to get to
level 5 or so.  There should also be a relatively easy way for the player to
leave the beginner area so they can go play some of the beginner maps located in
other cities (I don't necessary think that all the beginner maps should be in
the starting city).

 reduced cost for some items could be useful.  I'm not sure how easy we want to
make it - I would rather keep it rather small so a player can explore all of
it.  Maybe just have on multi purpose shop.

 Doing this also creates more awe when they do get to one of the real cities -
if the starting city is jsut as big and complete as later city, you won't get
that awe and thats neat factor.  So for the same reason, some higher priced
items, like cauldrons, have no reason being in the newbie area.

      New players, after the Hall of Selection, get put into a little slum city

      with a few smallish shops, and lots of small monsters (kobolds, orcs, etc)

      and child thieves. The player then has to fight for survival, and then

      finally track down the mastermind of the rogues (a medium-low level

      monster, maybe an ogre or something). Once he kills the mastermind, there

      is a reward, probably basic eq needed for survival in the "real world",

      and then the player gets teleported out of that city, never to return

      again.

      So the city can be tailored specifically with easy monsters for new

      players, with helpful basic eq, etc.. Perhaps even better prices at the

      magic shop for spells, etc..

      Just a thought I have. Hopefully somebody can develop this idea? I'm busy

      with another mapset of mine at the moment.

      Why is the sea always restless? It's bed is too rocky to sleep on.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com