[CF-Devel] Strange bug

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Thu Apr 12 02:17:15 CDT 2001

"H. S. Teoh" wrote:

      OK, I'm not sure if this is purely a csua/beholder problem, but I just met

      a new beholder player on csua "SnuggleB" who's experiencing a strange

      problem: he fires once, and all his mana disappears, and he's completely

      paralysed (can't move at all). Crashing the client and restarting solves

      the problem. He's using 0.97 and I told him to upgrade, but I'm posting

      this anyway since I'm sure many people are still using the 0.97 client.

 I have seen behavior of getting 'paralyzed' for no good reason.

 The typical reason is having typed a ' or otherwise being in command mode.  It
could be a bound keybinding.

 I strongly suspect this is user error, and not an actual problem in the code of
either the client or server.