[CF-Devel] Regarding Vulnerabilites

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Sat Apr 14 22:12:42 CDT 2001

      > Hmm I think, we shouldn't really have any classes with > 20 for any

      > of the major attack types (fire, ice, elec). It makes the game

     unplayable

      > or not fun in most cases.

      I would MUCH rather REPEAL the "you can never overcome a disadvantage"

      code AV has put in.  I.e., if you have -30 with a troll, you CAN

      overcome it and get > 70, with the right equipment.

I believe the current calculation with PR and caps is all fine, except
for the fact that vulnerabilities on races suck a little.
If we really wanted to remove caps we had to toss the whole calculation-
scheme overboard and that would almost certainly make things worse.

After discussing with peter and bob on IRC, we came up with the idea
to have protection spells override race-vulnerabilities.
I'll have a look at the code and see if that can be implemented
in a proper way.
(I don't plan to check in such a change before V1.0 of course)

Andreas V.