[CF-Devel] BUG: hit_player(): Encountered golem without owner

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Tue Apr 17 00:27:31 CDT 2001

Andreas Vogl wrote:

      The reason why this message is in the code: Someone

      obviously expected every monster with "friendly 1" to be a golem.

      And if a golem has no owner, that is a bug. But this assumption

      is totally wrong. There's plenty of friendly npcs, and they are NOT

      golems, nor do they have an owner.

      Therefor, unless someone proves me wrong, I'd like the remove this

      misplaced bug-message from hit_player().

 I see no reason for that error to really be there.

 I agree - while it may be nice to do sanity checking, finding out that a golem
is missing an owner when it is killed isn't all important.  Doing it when it is
attacking may be reasonable.

 I've removed that debug message, and also put some code in to reaealy check if
the object type is in fact a golem.  This is now in CVS.