[CF-Devel] Sustenance

Peter Mardahl peterm at alfven.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Apr 17 17:39:39 CDT 2001

      It looks like a bug from .97 hasn't been fixed yet.

Indeed, it had not.  The problem is that the sustenance from
being a wraith is very high:  127.  Also, you get a great deal of
sustenance from Devourers:  100.  Guess what happens when you
use 8 bits to represent 100 + 127.

In CVS I fixed it so that wraith/devourers get 60 sustenance each.
I hope no one gets themselves a +7 ring of sustenance!

This should fix it.

For hacking your char, set 'digestion' to -3, yes, but also
look for your wisdom experience object, and set "food" to "60"
or to 0, whichever.

Then also edit the "wraith_player_force" to do the same.
(Set it to 60.)

PeterM

      Steven Lembark reported that his sustenance went to -29 when worshipping

      the Devourers (this was before I got on the list, but I saw Mark Wedel's

      response).

      Today, on my .98 server, one character (a Wraith) decided to worship the

      Devourers and immediately died, due to the same thing.

      A quick other question: I'm going to hack his save file to fix that.  I

      take it I just need to change "digestion" to -3, as per Mark's comments

      on 4/5/01 about the proper number for it, correct?

      SeanMike

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com