[CF-Devel] Update for the FAQ

Rick Tanner leaf at real-time.com
Fri Apr 20 23:12:26 CDT 2001

Looking at the crossfire FAQ,

     http://crossfire.real-time.com/FAQs/faq.html

I see some new topics that should be added.

Here is a few that I have come up with.  Yes, I based some of thse
questions off the Netrek FAQ list at

     http://www.best.com/~doosh/netrek/netrekFAQ.html

      ;)

Anyone have some to add?

Is there a Windows Client?
Has the server been ported over to Windows?

How do I create a map?
What is crossedit?
How do I use crossedit?
How do I get one of my maps into the offical distribution?
I'm designing a map of my own, where can I get help or feedback on it?

I found a bug, what should I do?

I have an idea for a new monster/spell/weapon/race/class/NPC/etc.  Where
should I send it?

I would like to start a new server; what kind of hardware will I need?
I'm trying to start a new server, and I'm having probems.  Where can I get
help?
How do I get people to play on my server?
How do I find other public servers to play on?

My character is loosing teeth/skin/other_disease_symptoms.  What is that?

- Rick Tanner

     leaf at real-time.com