[CF-Devel] Word of recall can screw players

dnh dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Mon Apr 23 02:12:39 CDT 2001

Just add a pedestal that only connects when a player is on top, this would
protect against this issue.

dnh

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Mark Wedel wrote:

      "H. S. Teoh" wrote:

      > Simple. Replace the CheckInv object inside the small apartment with a

      > button that opens the door. I.e., make the door always openable from

      > inside. If someone manages to get inside the apartment, obviously he's the

      > owner, so there's no reason to use CheckInv inside as well as outside.

       when that apartment was originally done, that was not an issue (ie, the only

      way to get in your apartment would have been through the door).  Having a

      checkinv would basically mean you couldn't leave your key behind.

       I would suggest a button might be a bad idea, as someone may leave stuff on the

      button, thus unintentionally leaving their apartment open.  OTOH, maybe that

      wouldn't be a terrible thing (when you leave your house, you could leave your

      front door open also, and if you do so, you deserve what youu get (well sort of

      - more so in crossfire than real life))

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com