[CF-Devel] Word of recall can screw players

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Mon Apr 23 00:00:29 CDT 2001

"H. S. Teoh" wrote:

      Simple. Replace the CheckInv object inside the small apartment with a

      button that opens the door. I.e., make the door always openable from

      inside. If someone manages to get inside the apartment, obviously he's the

      owner, so there's no reason to use CheckInv inside as well as outside.

 when that apartment was originally done, that was not an issue (ie, the only
way to get in your apartment would have been through the door).  Having a
checkinv would basically mean you couldn't leave your key behind.

 I would suggest a button might be a bad idea, as someone may leave stuff on the
button, thus unintentionally leaving their apartment open.  OTOH, maybe that
wouldn't be a terrible thing (when you leave your house, you could leave your
front door open also, and if you do so, you deserve what youu get (well sort of
- more so in crossfire than real life))