[CF-Devel] 25% experience penalty is too high for high level chars

dnh dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Tue Apr 24 22:21:08 CDT 2001

I agree, it is very tiresome getting points back after you die.
Perhaps we could make this a curve of loss? As level increases penalty
decreases?

dnh

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Peter Mardahl wrote:

      Hello,

        I've been playing a good deal, and I think that a 25% experience

      penalty is way too high about level 50 overall or so and up.

        Recovering all that exp can take many hours, and building up

      your exp by repeating certain maps over and over isn't all that fun.

        I propose that we lighten this penalty:  25% or 3 levels in each

      experience category, whichever is LESS.

        What say y'all?

        Regardless, I think I'll put this new rule into effect on

      crossfire.csua soon.

      PeterM

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com