[CF-Devel] container

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Thu Apr 26 00:33:01 CDT 2001

Michael Toennies wrote:

      This container bug come with the dxclient only.

      Because i don't change anything with the move cmd since

      month and it had worked well all the time, it must be some

      server issue.

 The fact this does work with the unix client suggests this is not a problem
that may be easily characterized.

 Nothing has changed recently for the server side processing of containers in
the server.  There are two things I could think of that may be happening:

1) The container is not active, but the dxclient still has some method of trying
to move stuff into such containers.  The server does enforce the fact the
container has to be active/open.
2) The dxclient is sending a bogus count (nrof) value to the server.  I do see a
bug in the code that it will use the nrof sent by the client to determine if the
sack can hold it.  Ie, lets say you have 10 food.  But you set the count to
1000, and try to put that 10 food into the container.  The server will use that
1000 number to determine of the container can hold it, and it probably won't be
able to hold it.  There should be some sanity checking done in the server such
that if nrof requested is > nrof in actual object, reset appropriately.