[CF-Devel] destroy boulders

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Thu Apr 26 00:07:35 CDT 2001

 The boulders got changed to be indestructible november of 2000 (between version
95.7 and 95.8)  So it hasn't changed for a long time.

 If some specific maps need boulders to be destructible, it is easy enough to
modify the boulders on those maps so it happens.

 Aestheticly, I'm not sure if boulders should get destroyed by fire.  Fire tends
not to destroy stone in most cases in real life.

 barrels can use the same purpose of boulders (ie, be rollable), and they are
destroyable by fire (as it should be).  It seems that that should generally be a
fine replacement when such is needed.

 having the earth to dust destroy boulders could be done, but gets a little
odd.  earthwalls have levels of destructions (they basically have hp), and
boulders/barrels currently don't have that.  So it basically means you have the
case of earthwalls either getting destroyed or not damaged at all (having
barrels act as earthwalls could get done, but then gets odd, as instead of
rolling the boulder, you would attack it and then destroy it).

 Michael Toennies wrote:

      Has the way you can destroy boulders (with medium fireballs)

      changed?

      I run in the ruins of the sisters quests in the room where behind the

      door the sister body part is. As a trap, you can put in a fight a boulder in

      front of the door. In fact, you will do this in 90% of all approaches.

      Normally i can destroy this boulder with medium/large fireballs. But after i

      cast now

      about 40, i give up.

      Hm, because this "little traps" are part of the maop design, there are 2

      "kind of

      boulders" out.

      Some, you should be able to destroy and some which you should not.

      A boulder which got destroyed in past i remember was the one you must use in

      the quest

      you find the warrior helmet. There sometimes, the red dragons destroy him.

      I prefer before 1.0 to include a new boulder type. With a new

      flag/vulnerable type.

      And we have the spell earth to dust. It is must better when this will work

      in this

      destroyable boulders.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com