[CF-Devel] demonologic tower

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Thu Apr 26 13:16:02 CDT 2001

Notice that the balrog part of the demon tower is now broken for fighters.

There is no serious item out, which grants enough res to fight the balrog
hand to hand.

Ill try it with a level 24 warrior (str 30, and much good items) AND
venomteeth
(i got in from snake pit first level). This grants poison res 80 but this is
still
not enough to kill the balrog.

After he poisons me, my str drops to 23-25, leave me nearly dead. Because i
get slowed
too very much, i even can't cast / drink fast enough to help. Then blocked
by fire elems,
i die 4 times. There is no way to master this for a fighter with medium
level.

This poison stuff is instand dead for a fighter. Though lag and all i can't
recover fast enough.
And between level 15-35 i normally haven't so much items and/or
wizard/priest level to kill major
monsters with magic!

And thats NOT the way the game should go. I don't want first pump up my
warrior in a semi priest/wizard
to master this key quests.

All what we need is a massive plate mail, which grants 100% poison res. Make
it heavy, so you can't cast
in it.

Notice, that even 90% or 95% res IS NOT ENOUGH. In a high speed fight
against bigger monsters, you hit
easily do 100 hits and more!! That means, you has a 1:1 chance to get
poisoned and thats often the instand
dead to the poor warrior.

A mage is played different. He moves out instantly when he got hit, and he
don't let his hp drop too much.

As warrior, you need to play more risky, trying to calculate your hp lose
with your damage you do. And move out close, heal and move in again.

When you get poisoned with 50% hp, you are 100% dead. Lag and speed lose
will kill you.

There are other parts which get boosted up with strong poison monsters.
Mainly, this is to avoid thats pumped mages slay the monsters to easy, but
you forget the warriors about this. They must have a way to solve this
without
magic.