[CF-Devel] Accidentally praying at the wrong altar

Peter Mardahl peterm at tonks.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Apr 26 13:33:04 CDT 2001

This happens pretty frequently it seems, especially in random
maps where a particular altar is part of the decor and
may be hidden underneath monster detritus after combat.

Losing 20 levels of experience (as has happened to me and to others)
seems just a bit harsh for this sort of mistake.

I propose, *for 1.0* that we throw players off altars if they
pray on one belonging to another god.

If someone wants to change religion, here is what will happen under
that system:

1)  They pray on the wrong alter
2)  They lose 1 level of exp
3)  They get tossed off the altar (3a) OR switch religions (3b)
4)  If they get tossed off, they jump back on and pray again.

This limits the damage for inadvertent prayer to 1 level.

What say y'all?  I think this is an important mod for 1.0, and
it should be very minimal.

PeterM