[CF-Devel] rewards for dropping body parts on altars

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.yi.org
Thu Apr 26 21:19:11 CDT 2001

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 09:24:09PM +0200, Philipp Currlin wrote:

      BehTong, Aprogas and I came up with an idea to give rewards for dropping

      body parts of your gods enemies on the altar of your god.

      This could be either random items or some experience. On the other hand

      the player should expect serious anger for dropping a dead dwarf on the

      altar of mostrai, for example.

     [snip]

Along the lines of dropping stuff on altars... we could make it so that
dropping a weapon of the enemy god will make it cursed. Yes, this might
limit the usefulness of some artifacts, but hey, we can always make more
:

     -)

I was also thinking of punishments like chaining the offending player to a
heavy boulder (ala nethack), or, say, lythander punishing a really serious
offence by transforming the player into a troll, etc.. This would vary
from deity to deity.

Another thing I'd like to see is to make killing monsters sacred to your
deity have adverse effects. This, of course, is probably somewhere farther
in the future, since it would require a lot of maps to be fixed to
accomodate this. But nevertheless, I always thought it was weird that i
can beat up on angels freely and Valriel couldn't seem to care less,
although I keep "feeling a bond" with angels.

Perhaps we should make it so that creatures sacred to a particular
player's god will be friendly to him by default? (This could be a change
we can make now, I think.) It seems weird that trolls would beat up a
Gnarg priest for no reason, for example. (Of course, it'd probably be a
different story if said priest provoked the trolls.)

MAS = Mana Ada Sistem?