[CF-Devel] poisoning & demonologic tower

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Fri Apr 27 06:05:48 CDT 2001

      > Notice that the balrog part of the demon tower is now

      > broken for fighters.

      So what?  It is the Tower of Demonology and Summoning.  What makes

      you think that someone with no knowledge of magic or prayer

      is entitled to easy success here?

      [...]

I agree with PeterM in several respects. There are so many maps where
fighters have a definit advantage over wizzards/priests. It is just
fair to have maps where the opposite is the case.
And the demonslayer was a so-called "key item" because one could get
it at WAY too low level, thus gaining a crazy amount of power.
There are a big number of artifact weapons out there - many got
less attention than they deserve, due to demonslayer.

      If Poisoning is too powerful take it up with AV, who has meddled with

      it recently.  The Balrog in Demonology stays.  It is needed.  It belongs.

Yes I have "meddled" with poisoning a few months ago, and I seem to be
known for my tendency of beefing things up... hehe :]
...but not in this case! I did the opposite. I introduced limits to
stats loss during poison-effect.
Anyways, poisoning on high-level monsters is indeed not harmless.
But I can't say I'm unhappy about that fact, as long as it is used
in maps wisely.

I also agree to Mark, maybe a "potion of poison resistance" with
poison +90 might be useful. I would not go byond 90% though.
There's a lot of poison-res. on equipment as well. "Venomtooth",
"mudman's ring" and "orcish helmet" to name a few...
And don't forget about Gnarg!! He is a warrior god and
gives poison resistance (holy possession -> +95%!).

Andreas V.