[CF-Devel] destroy boulders

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.yi.org
Fri Apr 27 11:39:47 CDT 2001

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 10:07:35PM -0700, Mark Wedel wrote:

       The boulders got changed to be indestructible november of 2000 (between version

      95.7 and 95.8)  So it hasn't changed for a long time.

       If some specific maps need boulders to be destructible, it is easy enough to

      modify the boulders on those maps so it happens.

I think the reception tower in nuernberg needs to be fixed so that the
boulders/barrels are destructible (at least some of them). It is
impossible to get the artifact keys otherwise. (Specifically, the tower of
water and the tower of electricity.)

       Aestheticly, I'm not sure if boulders should get destroyed by fire.  Fire tends

      not to destroy stone in most cases in real life.

No, boulders should not be destroyed by fire, but by physical attacks (eg.
bombs).

[snip]

       having the earth to dust destroy boulders could be done, but gets a little

      odd.  earthwalls have levels of destructions (they basically have hp), and

      boulders/barrels currently don't have that.  So it basically means you have the

      case of earthwalls either getting destroyed or not damaged at all (having

      barrels act as earthwalls could get done, but then gets odd, as instead of

      rolling the boulder, you would attack it and then destroy it).

     [snip]

I remember somebody saying something about bracing and then attacking the
boulder/barrel? i.e., the default action is to roll them, you have to
explicitly use ready_skill melee weapons to destroy them.

"I'm running Windows '98." "Yes." "My computer isn't working now." "Yes, you
already said that." -- User-Friendly