[[CF-Devel] CPU and memory?]

DAVID DELBECQ david.delbecq at usa.net
Sat Apr 28 13:10:10 CDT 2001

Bob Tanner <

     tanner at real-time.com

     > wrote:
After the latest cvs update, I am seeing crossfire consume much more
resources.

With 4 people playing.

  PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT  LIB %CPU %MEM   TIME COMMAND
25275 crossfir  16   5 21968  21M  1760 R N     0 60.5 11.4 250:33 crossfire

     -----------------------<

Well, this doesn't seem to be a problem of the cvs version. I localy use the
0.98 version without cvs to develop maps. In a map with 10 demon lords, the
server is laggy when they are casting while the same map didn't lead to
problems with version 0.97 i used before. It seems the the latest changes did
really slow down the server. When i speak of slowdowns, i mean a use of 90%
cpu on a 600Mhz Athlon for 1 user.

Could someone take a look at it?

David Delbecq

     David.delbecq at usa.net

Get free email and a permanent address at

     http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1