[CF List] hiscores

Isak Styf oxygen at ludd.luth.se
Sun Apr 15 11:53:39 CDT 2001

      Hi,

      I don't like the way crossfire handles hiscores. Every time you start a

      game with the same player's name old score is reblaced, by the new one.

      It doesn't matter, that you were "Player the elf" before, and you ar

      "Player the human now".

      IMHO scores of players who quit should stay even if new player with the

      same name joins.

And how are you going to tell them apart?

In my opinion (i havent discovered this before) it should be handled the
mud way, where you cant have two characters with the same name until
the first one is purged manually by a "wizard" (that would be the server
admin in this case) or automatically by some function that (optionally)
nukes characters that havent been playing for the last x months.

Opinions?

    /// Isak Styf