[CF List] Suggestion: improved communication in the client

Jasper Jongmans j.jongmans at aprogas.cx
Thu Apr 26 08:50:34 CDT 2001

I have a few suggestions that I would like to make communication with other
players nicer (in my opinion).

* Local echo of things you 'tell
Pros: this makes a conversation easier (i.e., you wont forget to what
question a certain answer was)
Cons: more lines in the logwindow

* Seperate log_window/communication_window
Pros: you can keep on talking even if someone/something causes alot of lines
in the log window
Cons: you will need to monitor two windows for possible interesting activity
Note: I would like it if the communication window also contains a list of
logged in users and existing parties that you can go into ``query'' with
(similar to IRC)

* Client side choosing of colours for certain events (without having to
touch the source)
Pros: you can easily seperate things that are said/told/shouted/other_stuff
Cons: it will turn your log window into a christmas tree (some people will
find this a pro)

--
Jasper Jongmans

     aprogas at mail.com