[CF List] Suggestion: improved communication in the client

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Thu Apr 26 16:33:38 CDT 2001

Jasper Jongmans wrote:

      I have a few suggestions that I would like to make communication with other

      players nicer (in my opinion).

      * Local echo of things you 'tell

      Pros: this makes a conversation easier (i.e., you wont forget to what

      question a certain answer was)

      Cons: more lines in the logwindow

      * Seperate log_window/communication_window

      Pros: you can keep on talking even if someone/something causes alot of lines

      in the log window

      Cons: you will need to monitor two windows for possible interesting activity

      Note: I would like it if the communication window also contains a list of

      logged in users and existing parties that you can go into ``query'' with

      (similar to IRC)

      * Client side choosing of colours for certain events (without having to

      touch the source)

      Pros: you can easily seperate things that are said/told/shouted/other_stuff

      Cons: it will turn your log window into a christmas tree (some people will

      find this a pro)

how about supressing duplicate messages (e.g., "you pray...")?
i don't know how many times i've lost useful info as it scrolls
off the screen while i'm praying at hight speed.  ditto for
"you hit the blah with your blah".

--
 Steven Lembark                                   2930 W. Palmer St.
                                                 Chicago, IL  60647

     lembark at wrkhors.com

                                        800-762-1582