[CF-Devel] current bugs

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Sat Aug 4 20:02:08 CDT 2001

Andreas Vogl wrote:

      It looks like there's a number of serious bugs that sneaked

      into crossfire recently:

      1) Most invisible items are visible to the players (inv. exits, directors

         and stuff). You can see this wherever there are "invisible" exits.

 Error in coding of the update_position.  I believe I have a fix for this - is
there a specific map example you can give me so that I can verify this?

      2) Directors and Movers don't work anymore. Players don't get moved,

         bullets/missiles don't get affected by directors.

 Fixed this (will check into CVS shortly).  The check for spell like objects
(which  once we find
one, we stop the walk on checks) was checking the wrong value and checking too
early.)

      3) Sometimes it happens that walls get teleported by teleporters.

         (Walls are of course supposed to be unaffected by teleporters).

         This can be seen in the map /peterm/Demonology/EarthStudy for example.

         When you speak the twisted name of the earth elemental, sometimes

         it happens that peaces of the walls get teleported together

         with the monster.

 This is not really a new bug in terms of teleporters.

 What used to be the case is that multipart objects were also saved/loaded last,
so they would always be on top of any walls (in terms of pentagrams).

 With the new map code, this is no longer the case - a wall may in fact be in
top of a section of the pentagram (as demonstrated in the map above).
Currently, the teleport code does no checking to see the nature of the object it
is moving.    It will be easy to put in a check so things like walls and other
objects that should be stationary don't get moved.  I'll do that and put that in
with the other checkins.