[CF-Devel] current bugs

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Mon Aug 6 16:19:13 CDT 2001

Mark W. wrote:

      > Maybe it is an easier and better way to correct those maps instead

      > of not allowing walls (and other stuff) to be teleported.

      the code change I made will have it such that floors and no_pass

      objects will not get teleported.

      Currently, the teleporter code only looks for the object immediately

      above. I'm putting a change in right now so that it will skip over the

      floors and no pass objectts looking for one to move.  This will allow

      teleporters to get buried below floors.

That's a great improvement actually. Thanks for this.

      Removing the no_pass check is easy to do.  Note that teleporting such

      objects may be of questionable use, because once teleported, nothing

      else can get teleported to that space (its blocked after all).

Well, in fact teleporting boulders and walls (= no_pass objects)
is already in use for several maps in pupland and the mak tower.
I know this sounds silly now, but I really forgot about this in
my first post - Sorry for that.
These teleporters are designed to work only once, e.g. teleporting
a wall away, similar to opening a gate but with different "style".
The problem you mentioned above does not occur as long as teleporting
no_pass objects is used in the correct way.

So, I suggest to enable teleporting of no_pass objects again.
If nobody has objections I will do this myself (It is very easy anyways).

Andreas V.