[CF-Devel] DB's wish list

David Hurst dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Sun Dec 9 08:26:16 CST 2001

Ok, I was just fiddling with the gods abit more, and I have run into the wall that is devourers and gnarg =). I think the problem lies mostly in the numbers of enemy monsters a god has, and how powerful attack type and spells are. In the case of gnarg, everyone of these points is on the bad side =). Added to that devourers has the nastiest negatives in the game, - fire resist and no fire spells.

I think devourers really needs to either get a better attacktype and dump drain, or fix drain. My wish list for this would be, to make drain take award 100% of the exp it steals to the attacker. If this is a monster, that exp is added to the monsters at some rate (possibly not 100%). If a player all that it means is you start getting the exp before you have finished killing it, sort of useful. Currently, devourers players get 1/3 or is it 2/3's of the exp they deserver cause most of it is lost in the drain attack. This is seriously dumb.

It is generally agreed that acid and drain are the two most annoying attack types. Both can cost you a very large deal of permanent damage in a few short seconds. Forget your drain protection once when fighting a wizard, and zip there goes 30+ levels =). Fight some acid monster without your acid prot (and in lythanders case any acid protection) and zip all your items are permantly damaged.

I wish that a smith could repair damage to a weapon at some cost (it may not be linear). I also welcome some serious suggestions as to fixing these seriously broken gods, they aren't fun and they attract newbies like moths to a candle. I am currently in a developing mood, so if people don't response I shall consider this an invitation to implement it =\.

;)

dnh

ps. gotta love it, when DB hits the end of the lazy period in summer break =). spammed mailboxs and annoying whinging. Just think, this time last year we were putting Partial resistance in =). (I think)