[CF-Devel] devourers

David Hurst dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Wed Dec 12 05:00:37 CST 2001

A few ideas have been given for devourers. Debate as to what to do with drain continues, and AV's suggestion of voiding curses for devourers is great but not entirely useful in the end =). For now, I have basically removed the very bad flaws and removed fire from denied, this is just to see how well the diseases work and get a feel for the power of its spells. I will change these again when I have played through it, and when/if drain is changed, and/or some other sweetner is added. I like to consider devourers very different, very dark, and very fun for advanced players. My changes don't do this, but they make it almost comparible to some of the other gods, I stress this will not make devourers powerful, it will make it somewhat closer to where the other gods are at.

The changes are:
resist_fire -5 (from -30)
resist_cold 15
resist_poison 100
resist_ghosthit 50
repelled fire

I welcome ideas for other ways to improve devourers.

dnh