[CF-Devel] RE: [Crossfire-cvs] CVS commit: crossfire/server

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Fri Dec 14 09:49:51 CST 2001

On 14-Dec-01

     crossfire-cvs-admin at lists.sourceforge.net

      wrote:

      Basic code clean, using switch instead of repeated else if's

      Hashed some code which was nop (didn't seem to do anything)

      changed over to using ATNR_SLOW etc, instead of AT_SLOW.

      Has been tested, all those interested in attack.c please read through this

      code

      again and make sure everything is in order. Mail problems to

      njh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au

      !

Ok.. I haven't had time to read most of this yet..  but one thing did catch my
eye here:
     /* AT_INTERNAL is supposed to do exactly dam.  Put a case here so
-     * people can't mess with that or it otherwise get confused.
-     */
-    if (attacktype & AT_INTERNAL) return dam;
-
+     * people can't mess with that or it otherwise get confused.  */
+    if (attacknum == ATNR_INTERNAL) return dam;
+

Now.. I semm to remember from the style guide that we weren't supposed to do
this to comments.. weren't we?  And that & vs == modifies the intent of that
function IIRC.

I'm about to leave for work.. so I won't have time to really read it and
analize it.. but I hope someone else can.

Ok.. also this:

-    if (op->resist[attacknum] || 1) {
+    if(1) { // if (op->resist[attacknum] || 1) { // This is a nop!

no // comments.  aigh.. this is C, not C++.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net

NetBSD: Free multi-architecture OS