[CF-Devel] DB's wish list

Henric Karlsson henric at lysator.liu.se
Sat Dec 15 19:56:10 CST 2001

I've now played some with Gnarg, and have some thoughts.

The special prayers you get from Gnarg, smallpox and poison fog are
really quite useless, you get them at medium level (150 grace), and
when you finally get 150 grace you cant really kill anything and
expect to get any xp for it with those prayers. I sugest to make them
low level (50 grace), then you might still appreciate the xp you get
from killing a gnoll. The only spell I used to gain wisdom xp now was
cause minor/serious/critical wounds and avatar.

Once you get to (hmm or should I say if you get to.. ) higher levels
you can actually get quite good cult monsters. (like dread knights) So
Gnarg is not all bad.

Another thought, since Gnarg is "Patron of Assassins" he should
probably grant the ability stealth. I know it's not currently used but
anyway.

/Henric (aka Gambold)

" == David Hurst <

     dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au

     > writes:

      Ok, I was just fiddling with the gods abit more, and I have

      run into the wall that is devourers and gnarg =). I think the

      problem lies mostly in the numbers of enemy monsters a god

      has, and how powerful attack type and spells are. In the case

      of gnarg, everyone of these points is on the bad side

      =). Added to that devourers has the nastiest negatives in the

      game, - fire resist and no fire spells.

      I wish that a smith could repair damage to a weapon at some

      cost (it may not be linear). I also welcome some serious

      suggestions as to fixing these seriously broken gods, they

      aren't fun and they attract newbies like moths to a candle. I

      am currently in a developing mood, so if people don't

      response I shall consider this an invitation to implement it

      =\.

      dnh> ;)