[CF-Devel] Re: Suggestion for Devourers

David Hurst dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Mon Dec 17 19:26:45 CST 2001

      Devourers are a rather natural place for undead -- similar to Q's &

      fireborn with Rug. Main problem is that gaining wis exp w/o any enemy race

      is a pain.

Actually, the only undead player race is the wraith, which is a very poor choice if you play devourers (fire resistance, denied fire.. etc). Probably the best race is the northman. Devourers already have enemy races, everything that is alive. Instead of getting holy word though, they get face of death which just kills everything.

      Suggestion: Since Gaea's enemy races are unded and unnatural make

      Devourers & Gaea enemy gods.

Perhaps, but gaeas races are animal and elemental (from memory I am not in linux right now). Since there are very few high exp giving monsters in these races it seems like very little gain to set these as enemies.

I am not sure, I feel that doing this wouldn't give much of a gain and since devourers is already sort of enemy to everything it isn't necessary.

dnh