[CF List] "Couldn't create lockfile" in FreeBSD

David LeCount snailboy1 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 18:52:37 CST 2001

It works! Deleting config.cache is what got it
working. I'll have to remember that in case this
happens with other programs. Grazie moltissimo.

--- Mark Wedel <

     mwedel at sonic.net

     > wrote:

       The configure script should pick up all the

      necessary configuration

      data and generate a working Makefile.  There are

      ways to hack around

      this, but I would generally say that doing so

      probably won't work because

      you have to figure out why the configure script

      itself is not

      picking up the library.

       A thought I just had - remove the config.cache and

      re-run configure

      with the --with-ldflags=-L/usr/local/lib

      --with-includes=-I/usr/local/include

       It is possible that the configure script read the

      cache, discovered

      that it had previously not found the png library,

      and doesn't search

      for it again.

       Carefully watch the ouput of configure - in there

      someplace it will

      say checking for -lpng.  If that fails, something is

      still not right.

      Make the following program:

      main()

      {

      }

      Call it test.c

      run cc test.c -L/usr/local/lib -lpng

       Do you get any errrors?  Its possible you are

      missing a library

      that png depends on (like libz).

      crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com