[CF List] Is it just me???

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sat Dec 15 18:05:40 CST 2001

"Donald J. Maddox" wrote:

      It seems that the crossfire-maps archive is corrupt

      (both the bzip and gzip versions) on every ftp server

      I can find...

 I downloaded the maps from

      without any problem.

 I did look at the ifi one, and that one did not unpack properly, nor did the
one from ftp.sunet.se.

 I'm not sure where all the sites mirror from - my guess is that they don't
mirror from sourceforge and instead mirror from ifi or some other site, and that
site got corrupt copies, so all the mirrors also got corrupt copies.

 I do re-download the copy I upload to make sure it is OK.  But I can't check
all the mirrors.

 I don't control the mirrors, so there is not much I can do about getting them
fixed, other than hoping those who do mirror see this message and take
corrective action.