[CF List] Is it just me???

Donald J. Maddox dmaddox at csranet.com
Sun Dec 16 00:27:20 CST 2001

Heh, just my luck...  The 2 first ones I tried were ifi and sunet :(
Guess I'll stick to the sourceforge copy from now on :)

Mark Wedel wrote:

      "Donald J. Maddox" wrote:

      > It seems that the crossfire-maps archive is corrupt

      > (both the bzip and gzip versions) on every ftp server

      > I can find...

       I downloaded the maps from

       without any problem.

       I did look at the ifi one, and that one did not unpack properly, nor did the

      one from ftp.sunet.se.

       I'm not sure where all the sites mirror from - my guess is that they don't

      mirror from sourceforge and instead mirror from ifi or some other site, and that

      site got corrupt copies, so all the mirrors also got corrupt copies.

       I do re-download the copy I upload to make sure it is OK.  But I can't check

      all the mirrors.

       I don't control the mirrors, so there is not much I can do about getting them

      fixed, other than hoping those who do mirror see this message and take

      corrective action.

      crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com