[CF-Devel] Performance of current CVS is awful?

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Feb 1 12:35:05 CST 2001

Hello,

  I was able to trigger the performance by visiting a lot of maps
in quick succession.

  That is why I think it may be due to maps not getting swapped out.

PeterM

      Peter Mardahl wrote:

      > Hello,

      >   I (and others: MiDS, rower) have noticed a huge drop

      > in performance.

      >   Perhaps maps are not being swapped out anymore, but instead,

      > the game is processing a great many maps?  CPU use is

      > definitely greatly increased, to the point where it is

      > lagged on my dual-400MHz-CPU 256M system after a little play.

       Yeah, but this doesn't really help track down the problem much.

       Is this something that just happens after a lot of play?  Does it happen rig

     ht

      after server startup?  Anything to help characterize this problem?

       The 'malloc command may give some idea if there is an actual memory leak.

      Otherwise, running it with profiling may give some clue where cpu use is goin

     g.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com