[CF-Devel] Performance of current CVS is awful?

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Thu Feb 1 00:36:52 CST 2001

Peter Mardahl wrote:

      Hello,

        I (and others: MiDS, rower) have noticed a huge drop

      in performance.

        Perhaps maps are not being swapped out anymore, but instead,

      the game is processing a great many maps?  CPU use is

      definitely greatly increased, to the point where it is

      lagged on my dual-400MHz-CPU 256M system after a little play.

 Yeah, but this doesn't really help track down the problem much.

 Is this something that just happens after a lot of play?  Does it happen right
after server startup?  Anything to help characterize this problem?

 The 'malloc command may give some idea if there is an actual memory leak.
Otherwise, running it with profiling may give some clue where cpu use is going.